If you have been considering getting a swimming pool installed in your back garden or anywhere else on your property, there are lots of things that might be holding you back. The initial outlay or expense can seem like a lot, and also, there is the maintenance and the safety issues around making sure you don’t let anyone fall in or get hurt. However, if you have the budget, the initial outlay can soon become a smart investment, and you can get a lot of pleasure out of your pool for less maintenance work than you might think. Here are the reasons why you should totally plunge in and buy that pool.
The Key Benefits Your New Pool Will Bring
Your new pool will do wonders for your social life, your fitness and your family, as well as your property. Here are the most important reasons to splash out on splashing in to your own swimming pool:
- It will promote fitness in your family, giving you an easy way to exercise every single day that is also a lot of fun.
- It will give you a great new place to throw parties and socialise, adding a fun new dimension to not only your summer drinks parties and barbecues, but also special occasions like your kids’ birthdays and your own special dates.
- It will make you take better care of your garden. Trees need to be pruned and looked after very carefully when there is a pool nearby to avoid potential hazards, leaves and branches dropping into the water and other problems. If you have overgrown trees you have been putting off taking care of, the advent of your pool gives you a good excuse to get to work and make your garden healthier and more attractive.
- A pool will add value to your house should you ever sell. The amount will vary depending on whether it is an above or below ground pool, but any swimming pool will be a selling point that will enhance your home’s selling price, often by as much as the pool costs to install. Even if you don’t intend to move any time soon, a pool can be a permanent fixture that can help you sell as much as twenty years into the future.
- Your kids and their friends will love the pool, and it will encourage your children to not only be fit, healthy and spend lots of time outdoors, but also allow them to develop social skills and a good sense of responsibility as they learn to take care of the pool and behave in a safe and trustworthy way.
- Say goodbye to summer holiday boredom! Your kids will never be bored again as they will always have a place to play where they can also stay cool in hot weather and bond with both you and their friends.
- A pool can make your garden look brighter and more attractive, reflecting the summer sunshine and all of the lovely plants and flowers you’ve cultivated in the area. You can put in a beautiful deck or patio around the pool area for a clean, modern look, and can choose stylish pool furniture to relax on.
A pool doesn’t just give you instant access to a fun and interesting form of exercise and a quick way to cool off, but adds an entire new environment to your home. Whether you are relaxing by yourself or having fun with your kids, friends and family, you will have a whole new world of ways to spend time in the outdoor space around your property that will also bolster your home’s appearance and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
Aaron Beckett enjoys talking about his professional career as a landscape designer and is currently designing barrier reef swimming pools in Adelaide. Healthy cooking and rugby also interest him.